Jhonathan possesses natural talent of process integration. His extensive experience includes chemical vapor deposition, physical vapor deposition, atomic layer deposition, reactive ion etching, wet cleans, etching, lithography and annealing.
His areas of interest include physics of semiconductors, energy harvesting and micro/nanofabrication technologies. His current work involves developing new technologies for flexible electronics and integration of different energy harvesting technologies into microsystems.
1. J. E. Mink, J. P. Rojas, B. E. Logan, M. M. Hussain, “Vertically Grown Multi-walled Carbon Nanotube Anode and Nickel Silicide Integrated High Performance Micro-sized (1.25 mL) Microbial Fuel Cell”, Nano Lett., 2012, 12 (2), pp 791–795
2. Silicon Nanotube Field Effect Transistor with Core–Shell Gate Stacks for Enhanced High-Performance Operation and Area Scaling Benefits. Hossain M. Fahad, Casey E. Smith, Jhonathan P. Rojas, and Muhammad M. Hussain. Nano Letters 2011 11 (10), 4393-4399
3. Mechanically Flexible Optically Transparent Porous Mono-crystalline Silicon Substrate. Jhonathan P. Rojas, Ahad Syed and Muhammad M. Hussain. Accepted poster presentation at the 25th IEEE International Conference on Micro Electro Mechanical Systems (MEMS), Paris, France, 29 January - 2 February 2012.
4. J. Mink, J. Rojas, M. M. Hussain, “Carbon Nanotube Anode Producing Improved Power Density in 1.25 µl Micro-Microbial Fuel Cell”, 3rd International Microbial Fuel Cell Conference, Leeuwarden, The Netherlands, June 6 - 8 2011
5. M. M. Hussain, H. Fahad, J. Rojas, M. Hasan, A. Talukdar, J. Oommen and J. Mink, "Self-powered integrated systems-on-chip (energy chip)", Proc. SPIE 7679, 767914 (2010); doi:10.1117/12.850811 [Invited]
6. J. Rojas, M. M. Hussain, “Sub-15 nm Nano-pattern Generation by Spacer Width Control for High Density Precisely Positioned Self-assembled Device Nanomanufacturing”, IEEE NANO 2012, Birmingham, UK
US PATENT APPLICATIONS
1. Cylindrical-Shaped Nanotube Field Effect Transistor, M. M. Hussain, H. M. Fahad, C. E. Smith, J. P. Rojas. KAUS.P0044US.P1, US Patent Application No. 61448575 (filed March 2, 2011)
2. Apparatus, system, and method for on-chip thermoelectricity generation, M. M. Hussain, H. M. Fahad, J. P. Rojas. United States Letters Patent, Serial No. 13/185,794 (filed July 19, 2011)
3. Integrated circuit manufacturing for low-profile and flexible devices, Muhammad M. Hussain, Jhonathan P. Rojas. KAUS.P0061US.P1, US Patent Application No. 61506495 (filed July 11, 2011)
4. Multiple gate nanowire-based nanoelectromechanical switch, Jhonathan Prieto Rojas. KAUS.P0070US.P1 (pending filing)
5. Method for Producing Mechanically Flexible Silicon Substrate, Muhammad M. Hussain, Jhonathan P. Rojas. KAUS.P0074US.P1, US Patent Application No. 61523606 (filed August 15, 2011)
6. Micro-sized CNT enabled microbial fuel cell, Jhonathan Prieto Rojas, Muhammad Mustafa Hussain, Justine Mink. KAUST 2011-075 (pending filing)
Mar 2008 MICRONAS GmbH Munich, Germany
Jul 2008 “Semiconductor designer and manufacturer with worldwide operations. Leading supplier of cutting-edge sensor and actuator system solutions for automotive and industrial customers”
Intern – “Product-to-Market” Department
· Evaluation, diagnosis and correction of several functionalities in both Hardware and Software levels of a MPEG-2 video converter board mounted on a Spartan3 FPGA. Completion of technical documentation on the device
Scientific and Professional Memberships
IEEE, Student Member
President, IEEE Students Branch, KAUST